Cloud DevOps Engineer
BlackSky Geospatial Solutions, Inc. is a small innovative company located in Northern Virginia that builds cloud-scale geospatial solutions for commercial and government customers. We are building an elastic computing platform for location-based analytics, big data visualization, and imagery processing. Our platform will power a variety of next-generation business applications for global geospatial intelligence.
We offer competitive compensation packages and value technical talent with a passion for best practices in DevOps, cloud architecture, and automation.
BlackSky is seeking Cloud DevOps Engineers to create innovative public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions for Amazon Web Services and C2S customer environments. As a member of our technical staff you be engaged in design and implementation efforts that result in the successful automated deployment of solutions that meet our customers business objectives. Successful candidates will possess strong hands on experience with a wide range of enterprise infrastructure, cloud, and high performance computing technologies.
• Evaluate customer requirements and craft DevOps solutions that meet customer application, technology, and business requirements
• Develop creative solutions for automating deployment, configuration, and verification of legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments and to support continuous integration of applications
• Evaluate and have a firm understanding of emerging technologies and trends for DevOps automation within cloud infrastructures
• Provide guidance on the full life cycle of cloud based DevOps solutions including tools, technologies, and best practices for development, deployment, and maintenance of cloud hosted services
• Design DevOps solutions and provide insights into tradeoffs in various infrastructure and application deployment, configuration, and verification strategies
• Implement and automate DevOps continuous integration and deployment pipelines and functions using Docker, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Git, CircleCI
• 5 to 10+ years of systems integration, development, and DevOps experience
• BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience designing repeatable automated solutions for deploying, configuring, and verifying cloud solutions
• Hands-on experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as those provided by AWS, OpenStack, Rackspace, Google Cloud, Eucalyptus, and VMWare
• Experience with Docker, Chef, Jenkins, GitLab, AWS CloudFormation, S3, Route 53, EBS, ELB, EC2, and VPC
• A track record of successfully developing and deploying IT solutions within large enterprise organizations.
• Strong communication skills
• Capacity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Domain expertise in geospatial, mobile, or a related field
• Working knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: Storm, Spark, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and NoSQL