Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
BlackSky Geospatial Solutions, Inc. is a small innovative company located in Northern Virginia that builds cloud-scale geospatial solutions for commercial and government customers. We are building an elastic computing platform for location-based analytics, big data visualization, and imagery processing. Our platform will power a variety of next-generation business applications for global geospatial intelligence.
We offer competitive compensation packages and value technical talent with a passion for best practices in DevOps, cloud architecture, and automation.
BlackSky is seeking Senior Cloud Solutions Architects to create innovative public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions for Amazon Web Services and C2S customer environments. As a member of our technical staff you be leading design and implementation efforts that result in the successful deployment of solutions that meet our customers business objectives. Successful candidates will possess strong hands on experience with a wide range of enterprise infrastructure, cloud, and high performance computing technologies.
• Evaluate customer requirements and craft architectural solutions that meet customer application, technology, and business requirements
• Develop creative solutions for migrating legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments
• Evaluate and have a firm understanding of emerging technologies and trends for high performance distributed computing within cloud infrastructures
• Provide guidance on the full life cycle of cloud based solutions including tools, technologies, and best practices for development, deployment, and maintenance of cloud hosted services
• Design layered architectures and provide insights into tradeoffs in various infrastructure, network, security, data, and virtualization strategies
• Articulate the benefits of cloud based solutions with the ability to use combination of business and technical skills to formulate and communicate cost benefit analysis
• Conduct technology and design trade studies
• Evaluate customer requirements and design solutions that meet customer application, technology, and business requirements
• Implement and automate DevOps continuous integration and deployment pipelines and functions using Docker, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Git, CircleCI
• 10 to 15+ years of architecture or large systems development experience
• BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Extensive experience architecting scalable and high-performance solutions for handling and distributing massive volumes of video, imagery, and vector data using standards-based services.
• Hands-on experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as those provided by AWS, OpenStack, Rackspace, Google Cloud, Eucalyptus, and VMWare
• A track record of successfully developing and deploying IT solutions within large enterprise organizations.
• Strong communication skills
• Capacity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Domain expertise in geospatial, mobile, or a related field
• Working knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: Storm, Hadoop, and NoSQL