Spaceflight Industries is revolutionizing the business model for accessing and managing the power of insight generated from space. We are entrepreneurs who are changing the industry landscape and rapidly expanding our business. Our office in Herndon VA is our new Center of Excellence for Geospatial Solutions with an expanding list of government and commercial customers. We require an experienced, detail-oriented, energetic Contracts Manager to take ownership of our contracts portfolio.
Do you have a track record of high impact Contracts management? Are you ready to take on the challenges of business operations in a small but growing business in Herndon VA?
If you are ready for the challenge, we would welcome your application to join our team. Spaceflight Industries is based in Seattle, WA with a growing team of engineers and product operations staff based in Herndon, VA.
Contract Manager Job Description:
Manage and execute every phase of the contracting process from proposal preparation through execution to successful contract closeout. Negotiate, analyze, prepare and revise contracts and subcontracts to ensure customer and corporate objectives are met. Incumbent manages a mix of government and commercial contracts. Manage government contract execution dictated by contract type and program specific requirements.
- Contracts Management: Manage and execute all contract actions across each phase of the life cycle of a program from proposal through execution to successful contract closeout. Key responsibilities include:
- Take leadership role to ensure corporate proposals are fully compliant with the RFP including submission of corporate reps and certs.
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures – special note of FAR and DFAR requirements
- Lead contract negotiations and manage all changes and addendums to existing contracts.
- Ensure that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Monitor existing contracts and oversee contract modifications.
- Analyze contract execution risk to the business.
- Monitor the performance of each contract – ensure deliverables are completed on time in accordance with program SOW and CDRL
- Ensure that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Maintain a database of the company’s contracts
- Conduct analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager and accounting department to monitor performance and to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
- Manage Subcontractors: Manage and execute subcontracts across every phase of the life cycle of a program. Key responsibilities include:
- Establish non-disclosure agreements with potential subs and vendors
- Conduct research prior to writing contracts.
- Prepare requests for proposals for distribution to subs and vendors
- Establish and implement process to choose subs and award subcontractors
- Negotiate and award subcontract
- Develop and execute small business plans consistent with contract specifications
- Monitor subcontractor performance to ensure they are meeting all project commitments
- Close out the subcontract consistent with project requirements
- Vendor Management: Manage and execute vendors consistent with program requirements and corporate policy.
- Manage vendor relationships consistent with corporate supplier management processes
- Conduct research including request for multiple vendor quotes prior to award of a purchase agreement
- Ensure that vendor agreements are in line with program and corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead negotiations with vendors and manage all changes in and addendums to existing contracts
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure they are meeting program requirements
- Interaction with Corporate Legal Team: Work with the Corporate Legal department to ensure program and business requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure company has all of the necessary procedures to execute contracts as a large business
- Develop a set of standard contracts for the company
- Meet corporate goals on supplier management objectives
- Interact with the Legal Team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide extensive knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and codes
Background and Requirements:
- You have a minimum of 10 years results-driven contracts management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities (within high tech and software businesses). Government contracting experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, related curriculum or equivalent; legal background or training preferred but not required.
- You are technically confident and highly analytical with the ability to build recommendations and action plans and communicate them with the program team.
- You have an open, credible communication style that makes you a ‘go to’ trusted person for business leaders. You take pride in what you do and how you do it, you’ll be seen to lead by example.
- You take ownership of the contracts process and ensure that the company is winning and executing programs consistent with pertinent regulations and guidelines.
Spaceflight Industries is a fast growth, VC backed, new space start-up poised to change the way businesses, governments and individuals access global intelligence to observe and understand our planet in near real time. We are committed to helping society grapple with understanding the changes happening on Earth by providing a better vantage point to observe, understand, and take action.
We are supporting government and commercial customers with a mix of products and professional services. Our solutions are effective, timely and affordable access to space. We are committed to building a Center of Excellence focused on delivering solutions to government customers.
We are on a challenging and rewarding mission. The people who work for Spaceflight Industries are smart, highly motivated, problem solvers who have the grit and determination to take on big challenges and do so as a member of a highly respectful and committed team.